Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Three Hot Chicks

That's right, I picked up three hot chicks at the post office today. Before you get the wrong idea, these were my day old baby chickens I ordered from My Pet Chicken. I got the phone call around 10:45 this morning, and drove to the post office shortly thereafter.  I waited patiently while they went to retrieve my package, and I was handed the box to the left.  The vigorous peeping emitting from my box got some curious stares!  I hurriedly took them to the car so I could get them home and out of the box ASAP! 

After a short drive home I was able to open up the box and take out the cute little chicks. All of them seemed to be fine, and I placed them in their toasty container with food and water.

They seemed a little scared and skittish at first, but they soon began exploring. The yellow one likes to get INTO the food container. She barely fits now, so I have a feeling I'll be rescuing her from a half in/half out posture very shortly! Luckily the container slides apart easily into two pieces.
They are very amusing to watch, and their peeps are actually quite nice and soothing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment